Excitement overwhelms me each October as we enter the last quarter of the year. Its celebration season, and I must admit I’m ready to let the fun begin. The most wonderful time of year follows my favorite season and then comes the start of a new year. Before we get to resolutions, let’s enjoy the final months of 2016.
Outside of my birthday and the opportunity to reconnect with my classmates, campuses and peers, below are five things I fall for each year.
1. Family: Without them, holidays and celebrations are not complete. Those who travel from many miles and across state lines are an added bonus.
2. Football: Although the season is in full swing, Homecoming takes the celebration to the next level. Fortunately, I’ll get to roar and soar this year. The Lions and Golden Eagles will host their opponents back to back during the last two weeks of the month.
3. Fashion: I’ve never been a fan of Louisiana heat and humidity, but a proud supporter of the transition to fall trends complete with boots, scarves, hats and more.
4. Fair: The best thing about the small town at the tip of the boot is the annual event that draws visitors near and far. The fair in Washington Parish is the world’s largest and a Franklinton tradition I have yet to miss.
5. Food: From crawfish and snowballs to gumbo and cocoa, nothing beats hearty meals and sweet recipes.
What is your favorite season and why? Share below.